By the World's Wind
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Set sail across a small, open world. Visit island communities, explore lost caves, and meet the local wildlife with the four winds at your back. Use the map-making tools to plot a course or simply let the wind carry you where it will.
- Explore at your own pace. Let curiosity be your guide as you discover secret caves, hidden treasure, and cool little guys.
- Draw a map of the islands you find or just make a pretty picture. It’s all good, baby!
- Go where the wind takes you. Sail with the changing wind to speed across the open sea.
- Listen to the sounds of the sea. Immerse yourself in dynamically changing wind, waves, and wildlife that pull you through the environment.
- Original, live-recorded score by the game designer.
|Release date||Apr 20, 2022|
|Made with||Adobe Photoshop, Unity, Aseprite, Tiled|
|Tags||Animals, Atmospheric, Casual, Exploration, Open World, Pixel Art, Relaxing, Retro, Sailing, Walking simulator|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Touchscreen, Playstation controller|
|Links||Press Kit, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
ByTheWorld'sWind-PC.zip 94 MB
ByTheWorld'sWindMac1.2.zip 94 MB
- Lost at Sea: Helping Players Navigate the Open Ocean52 days ago
- Show me your maps!Jun 07, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
this looks lovely. can anyone report if it runs well with wine?
I have a linux build but I have no way of testing it. I'll send it to you for free if you let me know whether it works or not. Email me if you are interested. firstname.lastname@example.org
email received, I will do my best to test it soon!
Hello! I love this game so far, especially the ambiance and sound design! I do have a question -- are the gators following you a bug or do I have to solve a puzzle? Thank you so much!
it’s a puzzle! Try poking around in the swamp area
Discovered this through the new Indiepocalypse and thought it was wonderful
thanks so much!
Hello! Is this game complete?
other than fixing any bugs I discover this is a full game
Thanks for your reply! Gonna buy soon.
thanks for your support!